14 January 2011

Peninsula Square


Many organisations eventually move out of the centre of Winchester to make way for the all important luxury apartment (the Fire Brigade are next..). Peninsula Barracks was a military barracks from 1796-1986. When the military left it was renamed Peninsula Square. Today the site continues to accommodate some Ministry Of Defence offices, including the Regimental Headquarters of The Rifles, and Winchester’s Military Museums. Peninsula Square with its smart houses and landscaped gardens is also one of the most desirable places to live in Winchester.

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know where Winchester is located, although I like your country so much. I need to search it on a map. Thank you very much for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Halcyon, this has great details.

    ReplyDelete