31 March 2011

Guildhall Tavern

In 1894 a pub called The Guildhall Tavern was built in Colebrook Street just around the corner from the Guildhall. The building has a red brick and flint front which is seen in many buildings in and around Winchester. When the library moved to Jewry Street in 1936 the pub was enlarged into the vacated space and the entrance was moved to the Broadway where it still is today. In more recent years The Guildhall Tavern often had live bands, but it closed around 2008/9 and is now a Pitcher and Piano restaurant.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! the Pitcher and Piano Restaurant is very class'y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little about our Blue Birds, they nest twice and stay around here all summer.

    ReplyDelete