We have a great library here in Winchester in Jewry Street. It's actually called the "Winchester Discovery Centre" and as well as all the usual books it has 2 areas for exhibitions, a small auditorium, a cafe and many clubs and groups meeting here. This building, built in 1838, was originally the Corn Exchange where grain was bought and sold. In the early 1900s it went into decline and was used at various times as a dining hall, roller skating rink, sports hall, theatre and cinema. In 1936 the City Council, owners of the building since 1913, moved the Public Library here from the Guildhall extension, where it remains to the present day.