05 October 2011

Yummy!


This is watercress and cheese bread or loaf (can't remember exactly what they were called) that were on sale last week at the Hampshire Farmer's Market. They were absolutely delicious! This area of Hampshire is renowned for Watercress - we have a Watercress Line (a vintage trainline), a Watercress Tour & Watercress Festival and even Watercress itself! Although this bread was delicious when I think of watercress it always reminds me of school dinners when I was sure it was just some kind of clover they'd pulled out of the school playing field!

6 comments:

  1. An interesting-looking and -sounding combination.
    I don't even know watercress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's making my mouth water... I used to buy them sometimes, they are wonderful. It's hot and spicy, full of iron and grows in shallow clean running streams, Dina. I wish they grew it around here. I was wondering if rocket would work in the same way, I shall have to try it out.

    We also tried watercress icecream! It was ok, but I wouldn't bother again - much like the garlic icecream from the Isle of Wight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely- and has made me go for an early lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not fond of watercress, but these breads look lovely! I'd at least give one a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look up the word in my dictionary, I know by name, but never tasted it. Looks very appetizing, a pity that I can't bite in my screen !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janerowena, you're right they were kind of spicy - and delicious! Not sure about the icecream though!

    ReplyDelete